Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Z1 entry tower G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP program Sure Click is useful in protecting documents downloaded from the Internet and blocking malicious websites.

However, it has gone rouge on my computer and hijacks documents created locally.

It locks the copying and editing showing this message:

This file is protected by HP Sure Click.

To remove protection from the file and paste it in the document, right-click on the file and select 'Remove protection'.

That would be fine, except that....I am unable to right click on the document as Sure Click prevents it, and when I right click on the file in Windows Explorer....well, there is NO  a 'Remove protection" option.

I have contacted HP Support who don't have clue how to fix this issue, refuse to escalate it to the program developer saying that if and when they release the next update or patch for this program, the issue will be fixed - which makes me think that this is in fact, a third-party program, even thought titled as HP), and ask me to provide a comprehensive log of my computer data as if this could fix their program. They  don't know what they are looking for.

This behaviour is sporadic and unpredictable, not constant, and there is no pattern to it.  Sure Click locks some documents and not others. This is pretty annoying and creates additional work for me taking up my precious time.

Once again - these are documents outside of its scope of internet downloads.

Has anyone come across this behaviour and knows how to fix it?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.