Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Folio Leather

Back in Aug-2019, HP replaced my Folio’s leather that was splitting along the right and left bottom corners.  They did a perfect job replacing the leather cover but the same thing started happening again in early 2020.  I purchased the Folio in Feb-2019 so it is now out of warranty by a few months but is there any chance HP will replace it under warranty since it is a recurring problem?

This PC has only been in a laptop bag a few times over the last two years.  It spends all it's time on a coffee table or my lap.  The wear is solely from my wrist resting on the right corner area when using the trackpad.  This appears to be a common manufacturing defect that HP really needs to take ownership of and solve for all owners (even if out of warranty).  How can less than a year normal use cause this?  One of their flagship laptops should not fall apart like this.

Anyone know if HP has come up with another solution other than replacing the leather with the same defective stuff?  It really needs some kind of more durable edge trimming to prevent this from happening again.

Other than this issue the Folio is perfect for me.  It's light, silent, fast and versatile.  It not only replaced an old Macbook but also an iPad.  Now if only the leather would stay intact…

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.