Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 255 G7 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

One year ago a relative gifted me with this laptop and I just found time two days ago to renew the warranty &/or buy a Care Pack but whilst I kept attempting to do so on the HP website it did not easily accept the information I was inputting for my laptop.  I finally gave up today, my last day of manufacturer on year warranty, and found an HP helpline number, spoke to Leah who said she'd put me through to the "right department" but actually just put me back into the call queue.  I disconnected and found another support line online and got through to Hira who gave me various phone numbers which turned out to not actually be helpful.  I found a number I had stored in my phone and got through to Hira again (but she turned out to be in the tech/software support team.  I went online to try again and found another support line number and got through to Christina in Romania who luckily said she could help me process a warranty/Care Pack. When she took my device details she said that the device had been purchased in India so processing the warranty wasn't as straightforward as if the device had been purchased in the UK.  A relative gifted to me and must have purchased it online from India. On the UK website page it stated that today was the last day of warranty - not that it was out of warranty so I am doing everything I can to extend the warranty and purchase a Care Pack, and have been doing so for two days.  Gladly, Christina said she would own the issue and gave me a Case Number and said she would get back to me on Monday February, 22nd with good news and the issue resolved.

Does anyone else here know of the process of, if one lives in the UK and a laptop is purchased from India and gifted to someone in the UK, what is the process of extending the warranty and purchasing a Care Pack?

All replies are very much appreciated.  Thank you in anticipation,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.