Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion X360 DH1042TX

I bought my notebook on 3 november 2020. It worked totally fine 1-2 weeks. But after that I noticed huge problem in video calls and online classes. After every few second the audio and video would stuck for 2-3 seconds.  So I tested my internet speed. I noticed that the after every 5-6 seconds, the speed would become constant(no increase-decrase at all) and then suddenly drop down to the initial speed of the speed test.  It was the main reason for this problem. My laptop was then running on Windows 10 1903 version.

To fix the problem I reset my pc. The problem was solved (both speed test and video class were normal). But after one hour I was back to square one. I thought it was driver issue as it happened a few moments after updating the driver from HP Support Assistant. So I again reset the laptop and this time didn't update windows or any drivers. The wifi was fine until the same problem occurred four hours later.

So I took my laptop to my vendor (Seagate tech BD), the installed windows 10 20H2. Then the wifi again ran well for 4 days. but guess what?? again same problem.

So on 6-12-2020 I gave my laptop for warranty. I got it back on 22-12-2020. But I  didn't find any slightest change. Don't know what they did.

Before suggesting anything, Note that:

1. Problem is only is in the notebook, not broadband line or router. I have attended my class with 3 devices at the same time on same network. Only this pc had such problem.

2. Problem is only in built in wifi. If I connect USB Wifi Adapter and disable built in adapter, the problem instantly disappears!

3. Wired connections have no problem. (Connecting mobile and pc with USB cable and connecting the phone with same wifi and enabling USB tethering.)

Please don't suggest updating windows or drivers. I have checked all those just before posting and everything is up to date.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.