Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 9020 Officejet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, hoping someone can help me.

I have a HP 9020 and have been printing with the tray 2 for a little while now.

What has been happening lately and more frequently is that when I try to print multiple copies of the same item with paper in tray 2, it prints off centre. It prints closer to the edge of the paper and not where it is oriented in the program. One would print properly, the next two might print with the graphic cut off on the edge of the paper.

For example, I might want to print a circle graphic in the center of my paper. The first copy will print in the center with no problem. Then the next copy will print with the circle closer to the bottom of the page, rather than in the center where it should be. Then the 3rd copy might print it lower still or it might print it in the same position of the 1st or the 2nd, I just can't predict.

It is quite annoying as many of the things I do for work require things to be fairly lined up in order to work with other pages or craft cutters like the cricut and silhouette.

Some things to note:

1. I use tray 2 for a variety of papers that are not plain paper- light cardstock that is less than 200 g/m, photo paper, glossy label paper etc- but that are within the weight limits for the print. And I am seeing the same issue with  every type of paper. 

2. I have watched different videos with how to load the tray 2 and none of the techniques have worked so far.

3. I have tried putting in only one sheet of a paper type at a time. I have tried putting in up the max line. I have tried only putting in half of capacity. I have tried only putting in a few. I have tried so may different ways.

4. I do change the paper type on the screen as I change the paper in it.

Hope someone can help because this is getting beyond frustrating. I am having to throw away so many misprinted sheets and reprint so often that is costing both in paper and in ink.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.