cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MKnost
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

8730w Windows 7 64-bit

HP Recommended

I have installed the final version of Windows 7 on my brand new 8730w.  I installed the 64-bit version and I have only run into two issues.  First, the USB ports on the right side do not work, everything I attach to one of those ports I get a pop-up stating that the device is not recognized.  The device works fine plugged into the lone port on the left side.

The other issue is with the fingerprint scanner.  Windows saw it upon install in the Device Manager, but not under Printers and Devices.  I re-installed drivers now it does not show up on Device Manager or under Printers and Devices. 

Any help would be appreciated...

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
cnfrisch
Level 7
945 945 50 137
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
By the time the final version of Windows 7 becomes generally available (October 22, 2009), HP should have Windows 7 drivers available for your HP product.
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation