cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
NaanJo
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

About windows 8 upgradation

HP Recommended

I've HP Pavilion G6 2103-tu notebook pc, purchased on 13th aug 2012. As per windows upgrade offer i'm eligible for upgradation. My system spec., 2nd gen i5, 4GB, 500GB, Intel 4000 graphics enabled. I need to know whether my notebook need any update before upgradation like bios?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,953 42,193 4,643 12,405
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is only one BIOS update under Windows 7 64-bit available. 

It fixes an intermittent issue where a device connected to the system using a USB 3.0 port does not function properly when the system resumes from sleep or hibernation modes.

Unless you already have seen those issues, there shouldn't be a need to update the BIOS. 

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
NaanJo
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Could u tell me how to update the bios to solve the usb 3.0 port problem. I was facing that problem with my data card, when i resume the system from sleep mode. I just restart everytime to resolve that. I didnt aware of that before.
0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,953 42,193 4,643 12,405
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is a link to the BIOS update file that specifically addresses the issue.

Download the file and double click on it to perform the upgrade. It is as simple as that. I do recommend backing up important data before performing the upgrade.

Be aware that upgrading a BIOS does have associated risks. You must accept all risks of upgrading the BIOS.

I am not an HP Employee.
NaanJo
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank u so much.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation