cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Len62
Level 1
9 6 0 2
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Beats Audio Win 10 compatability

HP Recommended
envy 700-214
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Does HP have updated software in the works that will support Win 10? Latest Win 10 preview (build 10130) breaks the Beats Audio program. I know it is early but the Win 10 release is not that far away. Could just be an issue with the current Win 10 build.

So far this is the only issue I've come across running Win 10 on my HP.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 454 848
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @Len62

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I understand that Beats Audio is not working for you in the latest version of the Windows 10 Technical Preview. I am happy to help.

Have you tried reinstalling the audio driver for your notebook? It may help.

In answer to your other question, there is currently no information I can share related to drivers, as it is still a preview release, and changes are occurring frequently.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Len62
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 2
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply to my question. I've tried 3 or 4 versions of the driver. Since it was working in previous Win 10 TP's, and there is a known sound issue with the current win 10 (build 10130), I'll wait and see what happends when the next Win 10 build arrives.

I understand your position on the drivers also. Again, thank you.

0 Kudos
Len62
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 2
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay, the issue with 16 bit vs 24 bit audio has been fixed in the latest Win 10 TP (Build 10135). The Beats app still does not function properly. When you click to test the sound the speakers highlight but no sounds are heard. Just thought I would provide you w/an update. Yes, I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling various versions of the IDT codec but still no luck with the beats app. I would be glad to be a guinea pig for HP if they need someone to test a new driver.

Pathogenius
Level 1
8 7 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've ended up in this thread because I was trying to start using Cortana but it was cancelling before I could finish (due to line noise not being prefiltered out and/or improper function of the microphone array. I probably would have assumed that Cortana sucked, but she works amazingly well on the phone. Also the mixer is all messed up and doesn't seem to be connecting things properly etc. I dont think I can use Cortana without that special IDT prefiltering driver because without it the mic sounds horrific due to fan noise and lack of array focus ability or other things of that nature.

0 Kudos
Len62
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 2
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Up through build 10162 the beats app still failed to work. After upgrading to 10166 it was still not working. However, on a clean install of 10166 it loaded a newer driver and the beats app is working properly. Pretty close to final release of WIn 10 so it's nice this has been fixed. And the beat goes on...

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation