cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Miracle
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Cannot make HP Photosmart 4580 printing in Windows 7

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I'm desparate to make my HP Photosmart 4580 printing in Windows 7 neither in USB mode nor in Wireless mode, even though it told me that all the drivers have been successfully installed.

Wiindows thinks that all printing tasks including test page printing are successful.

I have network-configured  the printer under Windows Vista, and when I migrated to 7  I got this problem. 

Printer has static IP (that's because it was easiest way not to have problems in Ubuntu).

I have HP Pavilion dv9000.

Please help to get it working.

Thanks in advance,

Mira 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
luting
Level 1
6 6 1 1
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

don't think this printer is compatible with windows 7

refer to this link for more info...http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/Q8401A%2523ABA?

there are upcoming printers though that are windows 7 supported so watch out for it!!!

regards,

ting

0 Kudos
Miracle
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Ting for replying,

but i don't wanna buy a new printer, I bought this one just a month ago.

Link  you sent me says "Not found" :((

Are there any tricks to make it work??

0 Kudos
Wi-Fi-Guy
Level 8
1,537 1,533 81 399
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you communicate with the printer from your Win-7 machine?  Test this by trying to open by printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address.

If you can access the printer, then you can manually install the printer using the "Add a device" wizard in the Win-7  "Devices and Printers" folder (interestingly, I can't get the "Add a printer" wizard to work).

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Miracle
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI, 

I have added the printer and it's been installed. Also, I can access the printer page in the browser, and windows even sends tasks to printing, but Printer ignores them.

I tried both USB and Wireless install. same result 

0 Kudos
julesgemini72
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have successfully installed the hp photosmart 4580 on windows 7. The method I used is this. I changed the router ip to 192.168.0.1 then installed printer on a windows vista machine as disk has no support for windows 7 I guess you could use XP to do this. Then I ran the network configuration utility and all is working fine prints on wifi too
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation