cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ColinA
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

DC7900 and XP Virtual Machine

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm running Windows 7 on my DC7900 SFF (Dual E2200)..., and I have set Virtualisation to ENABLE in BIOS..., also installed the latest version of BIOS...

I've installed all the virtualisation stuff on the PC, but it keeps coming up with the message saying the hardware doesn't support it...?

I'm a bit lost with this one, never had probs with my old DC7800...

Does any one have Virtualisation and XP Pro working on thier DC7900...?

5 REPLIES 5
ColinA
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Come on people....!, I can't believe that there are no other people out there running a DC7900 SFF with XP Virtual PC...???

I've downloaded the latest BIOS for this 1.22 and it still doesn't work despite it being correctly enabled in BIOS...

Any takers???, any one??????

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
bartcrommen
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are facing the same problem.

Does any one has a solution for this? BIOS Upgrade?

Cheers,

B

Tags (1)
bartcrommen
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

We found the option in the BIOS.

Look at the security menu in system security, use page down to browse the list down.

There you'll find the options to enable the virtual options.

Cheers;

BC

ColinA
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, did all that back a few months ago, and it still didn't work...

Have you managed to get it working...?

Regards

Colin

Tags (1)
harryscoles
Level 2
8 6 2 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

at least the dc7900 has the option in the bios to turn it on, the DV2 series doesn't even have that! even though it's cpu is capable! between this and the bios whitelist i'm not a happy HP owner!

Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation