cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ollier
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

Deskjet 1280 drivers for Win 7 Enterprise Edition

HP Recommended
I apologise if I have 'posted' this message on the wrong page but I simply do not know where to go to get an answer to my question... I am running Windows 7 Enterprise Edition and I have a Deskjet 1280 printer for which I cannot find any Win 7 drivers for. Are HP going to produce Win 7 drivers in the near future please? If so... any idea of timeframe please? If HP have no plans to do so may I respectfully ask that they DO prduce Win 7 drivers. The 1280 is a very good printer and I dont see why I should have to replace a perfectly good printer which suits and covers my photographic printing needs extremely well.
I thank you for your time and look forward to heraing from you soon.
12 REPLIES 12
Husseiny
1 1 0 1
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have the same problem nd i want a powerfull answer plz ,,, very important at my work ..

Aly El Husseiny
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
hao
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try the driver for Vista 64bit, add new printer manually. after that, you can use 1280 in windows 7 64bit with basic functions....better that nothing...(without double faces printing..)

hope it will hopeful..

hao
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

alternitively, you may use windows xp builded in Windows 7 (virtual machine function) and installin the XP 32bit driver. you will get the full features of HP 1280.

monique_waigu
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sounds promising, but how does one do that?

I'm not too computer savvy... hope you can

explain it in laymans terms. Thanks!

kalidhassen
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

use Apollo and Apollo p-1200 setting on the existing set up of control panel

samonugae
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended
please i need a driver of deskjet 1280 for my Operating system "Windows7" it worked but its not working on windwos7
mancy_techno
Level 4
105 104 1 12
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Go to Hewlett Packard  - Enter the product name / number. Be sure to check the additional information, like how to install the driver or troubleshooting guides.

Get more information and help...........

http://printers.iyogi.com/driver-support/windows-7-printer-drivers.html

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-resources-windows-7-printer-drivers-printer-working/

Hope this helps you.

Set peace of mind as your highest goal,and organize your life around it.
woodleypark
3 3 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was unable to figure out how to get the appropriate driver.  I called HP and they said the deskjet 1280 in obsolete and not supported.  I have used it with my HDX notebook, running Windows 7, which was upgraded from Vista 64.  Can anyone respond to what has worked for them?

yassermoety
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you can use hp 1220c driver from built in driver or windows update

it will work very good

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation