cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
teleroncom
Level 2
31 16 0 2
Message 21 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ordered mine on 8/17/2009 and yesterday morning their site stll showed accepted.  Yesterday afternoon it showed in process and this morning it showwed shipped.

0 Kudos
ryguy2008
Level 4
182 180 3 11
Message 22 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ordered 1 month after you, and still in accepted land... But I guess all this maybe means the end of the wait is near.
0 Kudos
manish22
3 2 0 0
Message 23 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Arvato and Microsoft should be ashmaed of themsleves. I bought my laptop on June 26 (day 1 of upgrade eligibility). It took over a month after I received my laptop to register for upgrade on the arvato website. Before that It kept saying that my model number was "Unknown". had to call arvato many times to get that resolved. Then they took over a month to approve my proof of purchase.

I was hoping they would ship the upgrade within october. But they kept saying it will be shipped in Nov . On nov 10 th I get a DHL tracking number which is too short (9 digits ) to be a tracking number. DHL customer service say it is not a tracking number but a customer reference number. the tracking does not work to this day. I have not gotten the upgrade yet. Arvato customer service don't even know if the package has been shipped or not. They keep telling me call us back in december if I still have not received the upgrade.

So much for the free upgrade . 

0 Kudos
USFbobFL
Level 2
27 26 0 1
Message 24 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too am very disappointed with HP's choice of Arvato Digital Services.

I placed my upgrade order on Oct. 4 and provided proof of purchase same day via upload.

It took several emails to them to finally get my order to "Accepted" status.

I was one of the people that convinced them to put the meaning of the various statuses on their order tracking web page.

I offered several other suggestions to improve the page, but none were implemented.

Anyway, my order went to "in process" status on 11/12, which, according to their site, meant that it would ship in 3 to 5 business days, typically.

Today is business day 6 and it still has not shipped.

If it were not for the fact that my new laptop has problems with Vista (explorer as to restart just about every time I use it and try to use Alt-Tab to switch windows), I would not be so anxious to get my upgrade.

But bottom line, here it is almost a month after the release date and my upgrade kit has not been shipped yet.

I love HP computers, but the way they handled this upgrade is just incredibly careless.

People will remember this B.S. when they shop for their next PC.  I'm thinking maybe Dell.

Message Edited by USFbobFL on 11-19-2009 09:16 AM
0 Kudos
USFbobFL
Level 2
27 26 0 1
Message 25 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I bought my HP laptop at Best Buy.  They accepted my proof of purchase.
0 Kudos
PissedCustomer
Level 1
9 9 0 1
Message 26 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After buying 5 HPs in 5 years, the company seems to have decided that they had enough of my money.  I do not believe they have any intention of delivering on these Windows 7 upgrades, but simply promised them to us suckers in order to move their leftover Vista machines.

I will never buy HP again!

vtbuddy
1 1 0 0
Message 27 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lots of luck with the upgrade program from Arvato. I purchased my Hp laptop the beginning of Oct. Recieved acceptance from Avarto Oct 13. I was told that I would receive upgrade by Nov 9. A second call to them and was told no later than Oct 25. Still no word of shipment date. Wondering if HP corporate is aware of the problem with shipping the upgrade. Will give them a call after the holiday.

0 Kudos
teleroncom
Level 2
31 16 0 2
Message 28 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I received my upgrade package Saturday.  When you get it and have it installed make sure you do the driver upgrades for computer and peripherals.
0 Kudos
USFbobFL
Level 2
27 26 0 1
Message 29 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Now, 8 full business days have passed since my order went into "in process" status.

Order still not shipped.

3-5 business to ship once entering "in process" status is a huge LIE.

Those *bleeping* *bleppers* should be ashamed of themselves.

It's a big joke, this free windows 7 upgrade from HP.

*bleep* all of them up the *bleeping* *bleep*.

vukiclab
3 3 0 0
Message 30 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended
If you check Google for Windows 7 shipment problems, you'll see that Dell buyers are not having a better time.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation