cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
davidhamilton
4 4 0 0
Message 81 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Well sir, I waited 2 months after the release date of Win 7, and everything went fine.  4 months after the release date would be Feb 23, 2010.  In my world, that date hasn't arrived yet."

I'm sorry but in my view a release date is not a date where a company starts production and starts planning distribution. A major corporation like Microsoft certainly should have the competence to plan for and distribute an adequate supply of a product on it's release date. Thus I think the vast majority people who had ordered an HP computer a month or so before the release date would certainly expect delivery within a few weeks of the release date. Unless there is evidence to the contrary it is clearly an Arvato competence problem not a Microsoft distribution problem. If you read some of the posts from people who had other suppliers their Windows 7 upgrade was delivered to them within a week.

Your point is valid that one should not expect an upgrade immediately after an update. But you flame people as "wah-wah panties-in-a-bunch impatient types who expect a new OS to land on their doorstep the same week as it's released" when that is not the case at all. Many people who have posted here have been waiting one to two months after the release date. This especially sucks for those of us who are using the computer for work and need to establish a stable system with various add-ons and programs that might have to be changed. Of course I am impatient when there is no good reason why my work productivity is affected. This was my first time buying an HP but now in the future I will avoid buying HP because waiting for the upgrade has detracted from my productivity. I just hope Windows Explorer doesn't freeze in Windows 7 like it has been doing on my brand new HP laptop running Vista!

0 Kudos
rainier
1 1 0 0
Message 82 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is beyond poor service. I have been reading unbelievable stories and been involved in one myself. Bought my computer on 10/27 and have been waiting since 11/3. Contacted HP support. First they were helpful saying they would resolve in 10 days. I guess once they got the real story (that Arvato was lucky to be able to answer a phone in a month) they shut down. My emails are no longer being returned and they basically blew me off as it being Arvato's issue in their final reply. Contacted Arvato numerous times. Last week I got an email from Arvato responding to my latest email. They now tell me that to expedite they have started a new order (On my original order I was in Shipping status for the last month and now I am back to Accepted on the new order - this is faster?).

I hope I never hear the company name Arvato again after this fiasco. Is anyone aware of legal action being taken? HP was obviously happy to make promises when I bought my computer but now they are happy to point fingers at other companies that they selected to handle their offers.

HP, I have requested to speak with a manager but you have decided to ignore me. Are you still out there or is only your sales department in business?

0 Kudos
caubeck
1 1 0 0
Message 83 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ordered on October 9th, uploaded proof of purchase soon afterwards.

Waited.......

Received notification that I had cancelled it in December. What? No I hadn't. A phone call revealed my credit card had expired during the long wait. I protested, the email didn't tell me about my credit card, it confirmed I had voluntarily and deliberately cancelled. 

An email from the company confirmed my order was underway again around December 20th.

I checked today, January 12th 2010. It was still "cancelled"! A heated conversation took place on the phone. The webpage apparently does not reflect the true status of the order. I have to wait.

The page has said the estimated shipping state is "1901-01-01" for weeks.

Not good.

0 Kudos
nele
1 1 0 0
Message 84 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One more bad experience. Dhl in my country received my upgrade kit ordered 15 days ago. They informed

me that I have to pay additional 60 euro or almost 90 dollars on top of 40 euros paid to arvato for

taxes and fees!

So my upgrade cost me 100 euro or 144 USD, and original, non discounted price for upgrade is 77euro.

This site does not have any support or complaint contact. Does anyone know some mail adress?

This is world class fraud!!!!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
MaccDuff
1 1 0 0
Message 85 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I guess I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one having problems here.

I just bought an HP desktop and sent in the info for the Windows 7 upgrade.  Then I get an e-mail back saying that my submittal was rejected, without any specific reason why - only generic "May be a problem with the date, seller [?] or PoP".

The worst of this is that there doesn't seem to be a way to contact Arvato.  The phone number just plays a voice recording saying, "Check our web site.  Please hang up."  The Contact Us e-mail address HPUpgrade@arvatousa.com is the one who sent me the rejection message - which further states that that address is unmonitored so please do not reply to it.

WTH, over?  :HalfEyes:

0 Kudos
RonyMall
1 1 0 0
Message 86 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

we are HP platinum partners and I am sorry to inform you that we are HP partners, and because of the service Arvato is providing the customer to move to win 7, we had to take lof of returns and we lost few accounts to different manufacturers.

0 Kudos
eClaire
Level 4
69 67 2 15
Message 87 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MaccDuff -

please send the following to:  Win7_Upgrade_Option_Program@hp.com    and your issue will be resolved, without fail:

1.   e-mail  used when submitting your order, and

2.  Order ID (starts with "222....")

*please do not put that information on the forum.

HP employee who is speaking for myself and not for HP.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation