cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
destardi
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 87
Flag Post

Disgusted! HP's Vendor ARVATO - Windows 7 Upgrade

HP Recommended

I purchased my laptop August 28th *because* of HP's offer to upgrade; it's why I didn't wait on buying a laptop.

Well, I registered with HP's vendor Arvato, who is coordinating the processing for proof of purchase, etc, to determine eligibility.

It's been 4 weeks, 2 faxes, and about 8 phone calls later, all the while Arvato is sending out emails saying "We haven't received your proof of purchase yet", so I know plenty of time has been allotted for them to have received and cataloged my receipt.

It's the same thing everytime I call in:

1)We're sorry

2)What fax number are you using

3)Did you include the cover letter

4)Let me check your information

5)Hold while I verify more information

6)Oh, I'm sorry sir, we still haven't received your proof of purchase   (DUUUUHHHH, NO KIDDING?!?!?)

Try it yourself.  It's a script they're going off of, and there's no room for independent thinking, or a workaround for people like me who should have freaking waited to buy a laptop.

I tried calling HP, got transferred and hung up on about 6 times, all to come down to "what fax number are you faxing it to" and "contact this department" which leads me back to Arvato.

Seriously, HP?  Is this the best you can do with your Vendors in supporting your customers???    :Crying:

86 REPLIES 86
spieght
Level 2
26 24 1 4
Message 2 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank You, upon reading your post i thought i will check my order. I placed mine several weeks ago and was directed to HP vendor Mentor Media in Singapore I scanned my proof of purchase and email it to them. Two days later i received an email confirming receipt of my proof of purchase (so i assumed everything was in order) a couple of days later i received two emails written in malasian, i replied appologising that i could only read english and had no response. so i thought nothing more of it as they had already acknowledged my proof of purchase until today when i read your post. I went to thier website and found a place where you could view the status of your order. What did i find AWAITING PROOF OF PURCHASE!!!!! I promptly contacted them via the site expressing my concern and should receive a response within three days. I hope this is not going to be yet another ongoing saga for hundreds of HP customers? will keep you posted
0 Kudos
destardi
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there...Good luck!  I created a PDF file and emailed it to Arvato, but watch you...your files have to be under 1.5 mb per file upload.

They can't make anything easy, can they.

My status says "accepted" but we'll see.

0 Kudos
GnDisarray
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have had the same problem that many have had. I got to POP recieved and was stuck for quite a while with arvato. Finally I began contacting HP and sent them my POP and simply stated that this company arvato was not representing HP very well. By the end of day my arvato status was changed to accepted. That was about twelve days ago which is ironic because according to arvato I should have a tracking number by now due to the 3-5 business day notification on their site. I would strongly suggust bypassing arvato and going straight to HP. You don't have to be rude, just let them know this is unnaceptable.
0 Kudos
ryguy2008
Level 4
182 180 3 11
Message 5 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're slightly mistaken. Being accepted has an indefinite timeframe, unfortunately. Only once you reach "In Process" will things start to take shape.

In other words, once Arvato accepts your order, they're now saying they have 60 days to ship you your order. (Meaning, from the date your POP was approved, not the day you ordered.)

The notice on their website about 3-5 days implies that once your order status changes to "In Process", then and only then, within 3-5 business days, it'll be shipped. (Which, will take 3-5 more business days.)

Many many people have had the status set to Accepted for way more than 12 days (many people since July...), and have heard nothing from them about their order... It's rather lousy service overall from Arvato.

0 Kudos
Bonk
Level 1
9 9 0 0
Message 6 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yup, I have tried to contact them several times.  It is the exact same thing every time.

1)We're sorry

2)Let me check your information

3)Hold while I verify more information

4)Congratulations, we've found your proof of purchase.  Now please wait forever while it gets shipped to you from our fulfillment center. 

I ask over and over again for an ETA with the same cut and paste response.

How hard would it be to have an update on the FAQ sheet with ETAs for people who bought within a certain timeframe, or some sort of update of how many orders have shipped out of a total of how many.  I am disgusted to read in another thread that someone who has bought a computer over a full month after me already has received confirmation that his ugprade disc has shipped.

0 Kudos
teleroncom
Level 2
31 16 0 2
Message 7 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought my notebook in August and have given up getting the upgrade from Arvato.  Arvato will not respond to anything and I have no reason to believe I will receive the upgrade. I haven't decided if I'll just buy the upgrade locally or dump this computer and buy a Dell. 

I like my new computer but am very disappointed in HP picking Arvato to do the upgrade thing.

0 Kudos
htreno
4 3 0 0
Message 8 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have also bought a laptop in August and sent in a pdf version of my receipt for my purchase and got set to the accepted status.  I also sent an email to hp's agent handling windows 7 upgrade without any reply.  I didn't figure I'd get a direct reply either but I stated that they should at least update both the FAQ and the contact them page cause saying that they are getting high volume phone calls for 3-4 weeks is bulls***!!!  Last email I got was the POP Accepted with the reference number to track.

Also just sent HP a comment about the upgrade and the timeframe, and added that I am getting second thoughts of purchasing another HP in the next 6-10 months to replace my oldest HP laptop [less than 2 years old] or for the other 2 that I have.  Did not purchase a HP for the netbook I got last month rather an ACER, even thou the HP that was same price had more included.

Had to purchase the family pack windows 7 upgrade for the rest and just incase I have saved the last 64-bit upgrade if I end up needing it for the new HP laptop instead of the netbook after all the garbage with the upgrade program.  I have checked with others around here about their upgrades, and most have had the same results, except the few the have other manufacturer's computers who have had their windows 7 upgrade almost on the same day that Mircosoft issued it, makes one wonder if HP picked that correct company to handle this for them.

0 Kudos
htreno
4 3 0 0
Message 9 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just checked on the upgrade program I was involved with for the windows vista upgrade.  I have paper copies of the emails from that program and it was not an HP computer then but I had the upgrade disc within a few days of vista's release could say almost the day it seemed like.  Just shows what happens when they hire the right company to do the extra work, should never have been Arvato.  Their service to HP is not even close to passable, like how hard is getting the information and a supply of upgrades then just pre-label the orders for the ones they had before the October 22 date and mail them for the release date?? 

Like the normal retail store had done, they got the windows 7 upgrade before the date and had the customer's information on them then just called the customer on the day or the day before to let them know that they could pick their copies up on or after the release date.  Like I had the family upgrade pack the day after so I could do most of the rest of my laptops which I had completed by that weekend.

Arvato, get off your asses.  You make money by getting the job done, and being called to do any other job that HP needs.  Unless HP is stupid you should not get any more from them next time they need such a service company.  VERY, VERY badlly done!!!!!

0 Kudos
ferndock
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 87
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I couldn't find an appropriate contact for HP so I sent a complaint about Arvato to the HP CEO.  Same for me, validation of POP did not happen until I called them 13 days after I uploaded the POP to their order site and now they tell me it will take another 7-10 days before they can ship when they promised a 3-5 day shipping turn around time. 
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation