cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AltmanTC
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Does anyone know if HP plans on releasing drivers for the HP EliteBook 8760w?

HP Recommended

I was just wondering if HP plans on releasing Windows 8 drivers for the HP EliteBook 8760w (XU099UT#ABA).

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
muka3D
Level 7
Level 7
467 467 50 148
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey AltmanTC,

Check out this page for details: http://hp.com/go/windows8

If you bought the unit after October 2011, drivers should be posted for it shortly after the launch of Windows 8.

___
I am an HP employee.
• Say thanks by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' button on the left
• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your issue
0 Kudos
AltmanTC
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It looks like I just  missed it by a few months.  According to HP Support Assistant the warranty goes from 7/11/2011 to 8/4/2014.  The product number is XU099UT#ABA and it is an EliteBook 8760w.

0 Kudos
john_dee
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey, 

I have HP Elitebook 8760w XY697AV, I bought it before October. I upgraded my operating system to Windows 8 but I have troubles with installing drivers. My built-in camera is not working. Can you tell me how soon HP is going to release drivers for my notebook? My friend has very old notebook Acer with drivers for Vista released only but when I upgraded his Win 7 to Win 8 everything worked well. I think it's unfair that my newer and much more expensive notebook unable to work with Win 8.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation