cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RQuick44
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Downgrade from Windows 7 Beta back to Windows XP

HP Recommended
I was wondering if anyone knew how to downgrade from the Windows 7 bets back down to XP or even Vista?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
melanchete
Level 6
672 671 22 90
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Wipe and reload the system.
Pavilion DV7-1285dx Notebook, Windows 7 64bit, Intel X2 P8600 2.40GHz, Nvidia GeForce 9600M, 6GB RAM, 2x 500GB HD(s)
0 Kudos
SWY
Level 4
89 87 2 18
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since in order to load Windows 7 on a machine running XP you need to either do a clean install or set up a dual boot, and your post doesn't suggest a dual boot is involved, the only way to reinstall XP would be a clean reinstall.  If you have your system restore disks, that would make life easier.  Vista offers more options since you can upgrade Vista to Windows 7 - that then allows for a downgrade using the archived OS files and settings.

Stephen

0 Kudos
Suchit
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Its Actually Quite Easy

Pop In Your Vista Or Xp CD

When It Says Where To Install

Re-Format Your Windows 7 Partiton

And Install

Easy As 1,2,3

Best Partitoning Software:- Acronis Disk Director

Partition Time:- Does It In 5 Mins To 10 Min Max!!!

0 Kudos
RQuick44
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help everyone. But I do have a few more questions.

1. How do I re-format my hard drive from outside of windows because when I try to Install Windows XP, the Install Windows XP option is grayed out. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation