cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ThatGarenGuy
Retired
Retired
609 238 32 644
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Dual Boot Windows7 and OSX on an HP 2140

HP Recommended

I thought this was a great blog from networkjew.com about creating a Dual Boot Windows7 and OSX on an HP 2140.

Now that you’ve got your sleek little HP 2140 netbook, its time to blow away Windows XP and put something a bit snazzier on there.  I’ve toyed with OSX86 previously, and knew that most of the netbooks out there support it in one way or another, and many of them quite well. I had also read that Windows 7 played very nicely on these tiny computers, and it’s free for a few months, so why not?

Here’s how I made it work – there may be better ways, but this worked for me, mostly:

I worked for HP.
1 REPLY 1
NetworkJew
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Windows 7 runs great on the 2140. I actually haven't had a chance to test all hardware functionality, but its nice and snappy; and as far as I can tell, all the hardware was recognized right out of the box. I loaded several of the Vista drivers/software from the HP support website and a few of them failed, but many installed just fine. I forgot to note which ones, unfortunately.

Great netbook.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation