cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
misterfox20
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Enabling VT in BIOS on Probook 4530s

HP Recommended

I am trying to enable Virtualization Technology in BIOS to allow the windows 8 preview to run in VirtualBpx, but I can't seem to find where the VT setting is located. I have already run the utility that checks for VT, and it said that my system has it but it is not enabled. Could anyone give me in-depth instructions on how to enable Virtualization Technology in the BIOS settings?

Product: HP Probook 4530s

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Service Pack 1

No recent changes (repair install to fix some permissions issues)

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
SJ_Bradley
Level 4
Level 4
67 66 5 19
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum.

Please restart the unit and press F10 immediately after the unit is powered on and get into BIOS.

Under BIOS go to system configuration and under that go to Device Configuration and under that scroll it down to bottom you will find VT, check the boxes and save the changes and exit from BIOS the VT will be enabled.

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

Hope this helps, for any further queries please reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

SJ_Bradley

I am an HP Employee.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation