cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HJERRYHENSON
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

FREE UPGRADE FROM VISTA TO WINDOWS 7

HP Recommended

I WAS AT WALMART YESTERDAY AND NOTICED A STICKER ON THE BOX OF AN HP DESKTOP COMPUTER, INDICATING A FREE UPGRADE

FROM  VISTA TO WINDOWS 7 (WHEN AVAILABLE). THE STICKER FURTHER INDICATED THAT FREE UPGRADE ONLY APPLIED IF THE

COMPUTER WAS PURCHASED AFTER JUNE 26, 2009.

I PURCHASED THE SAME TYPE DESKTOP (WITH VISTA) ON JULY 30, 2009. AND, HAVE NO IDEA OF HOW OR WHEN TO DOWNLOAD

THE WINDOWS 7 SOFTWARE. QUESTIONS:  1) IS THE WINDOWS 7 SOFTWARE NOW AVAILABLE?   2)  DO WE NEED TO PROVIDE

PROOF OF PURCHASE AND IF SO WHEN AND TO WHOM?  3)  WILL HP PROVIDE NOTICED OF HOW AND WHEN TO ELIGIBLE

CUSTOMERS? 

P.S.  THE a6803w IS GREAT, AND HP IS TO BE CONGRADULATED FOR EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT. 

5 REPLIES 5
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,612 24,264 2,831 10,356
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Jerry, I believe that the retailer where you bought the computer is responsible for providing you with the upgrade to Win 7.  You should contact them to see what they have to say.  If you have problems, you can contact HP Customer Support for help.  This is a volunteer help forum and we are not employees of HP.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Vanillasky32
Level 2
10 8 1 3
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes you need to provide the proof of purchase. You can go to www.windows.com to order the upgrade. Or you can contact HP live chat, they will walk you through it.
Vanillasky32
Level 2
10 8 1 3
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Forgot to mention. Window 7 will be released on Oct 22, 2009. You can order the upgrade now and after they validate your proof of purchase. They will start sending the upgrade when Window 7 is released.
SoonerAl
Level 3
40 40 1 3
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HJERRYHENSON wrote:

I WAS AT WALMART YESTERDAY AND NOTICED A STICKER ON THE BOX OF AN HP DESKTOP COMPUTER, INDICATING A FREE UPGRADE

FROM  VISTA TO WINDOWS 7 (WHEN AVAILABLE). THE STICKER FURTHER INDICATED THAT FREE UPGRADE ONLY APPLIED IF THE

COMPUTER WAS PURCHASED AFTER JUNE 26, 2009.

I PURCHASED THE SAME TYPE DESKTOP (WITH VISTA) ON JULY 30, 2009. AND, HAVE NO IDEA OF HOW OR WHEN TO DOWNLOAD

THE WINDOWS 7 SOFTWARE. QUESTIONS:  1) IS THE WINDOWS 7 SOFTWARE NOW AVAILABLE?   2)  DO WE NEED TO PROVIDE

PROOF OF PURCHASE AND IF SO WHEN AND TO WHOM?  3)  WILL HP PROVIDE NOTICED OF HOW AND WHEN TO ELIGIBLE

CUSTOMERS? 

P.S.  THE a6803w IS GREAT, AND HP IS TO BE CONGRADULATED FOR EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT. 

Here is the Windows 7 Upgrade site at HP. It has all the information you need to order your free upgrade.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/mda/windows7/upgrade/index_ww.html

Please turn off your <CAPS LOCK> switch. No need to shout...

"When all else fails, read the instructions"
MS-MVP Windows Desktop Experience
HJERRYHENSON
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
To all responders - Thanks!!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation