cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
The111
Level 1
14 9 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

G70-250US Notebook - sleep issues in Win7?

HP Recommended

I just bought the G70-250US... my first notebook ever after 15 years of computing.  The very first thing I did (after creating recovery discs of course) was format the drive and put Win7 RC1 (x64) on it.  It runs great now and I have no HP bloatware.  I got all the latest drivers from HP and Intel.

99% of the time the sleep and wakeup work fine.  However, I have noticed if I close the lid and let it sleep for a long time (8+ hours, while I myself and ALSO sleeping), that when I open the lid to wake it in the morning, it will appear to wake up, but the display will remain blank, and I will need to force it asleep a 2nd time (through power button or lid) and then wake it a second time, and then it will function fine, display and all.

Is this a known issue, or is it perhaps just a compatibility issue with Win7?  Does it happen in Vista?  I can't really check since I wiped Vista off so fast. 🙂

Thanks!

Message Edited by The111 on 09-25-2009 12:06 AM
Message Edited by The111 on 09-25-2009 12:17 AM
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
The111
Author
Level 1
14 9 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One more thing I noticed... when waking up after a long sleep, it briefly displays the HP logo and then the Windows resume screen... and THEN the screen goes black and will not come back unless I sleep it a second time.  So it almost seems to be a display driver issue, maybe?

EDIT: Incidentally, Windows update just found a display driver update released yesterday.  We'll see if that fixes it...

Message Edited by The111 on 09-25-2009 06:15 PM
0 Kudos
The111
Author
Level 1
14 9 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Well, since I couldn't get an answer about whether or not this is Win7 related or happens with Vista too, I went back and re-installed Vista just to see, and I'm happy to report that the issue does NOT happen in Vista... even after 8 hours of sleeping it wakes right back up almost instantaneously.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation