cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
sirkennethfl
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HDMI Audio Static and Video Distortion After Windows 7 RC Install

HP Recommended

Hi, I have a Pavilion DV9334us that I hook up to a Vizio TV via HDMI to watch Hulu, iTunes movies, etc. The HDMI handles the video and audio. With Vista the HDMI video and audio output to the Vizio worked flawlessly. I recently installed Windows 7 RC and the HDMI video and audio output to the Vizio isn't working properly. The audio has static and crackles, and each time it crackles I get a video distortion line on the Vizio screen.

Audio: Conexant High Definition Audio  HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5045&SUBSYS_103C30BB&REV_1001

Video: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600  PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0398&SUBSYS_30BB103C&REV_A1

I've tried reinstalling the latest drivers for the above using Vista and Administrator Compatability.

Any thoughts?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sirkennethfl
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fixed my issue:

This is the driver that eliminated the HDMI static and popping:

Driver Provider: NVIDIA
Driver Date: 11/7/2007
Driver Version: 7.15.11.6743

I installed it with Vista and administrator compatibility.

W7 installed 7.15.11.7967 and it caused the HDMI audio static and popping.

Everyone with Conexant thinks the issue is with the Conexant audio driver, when in fact it's the NVIDIA driver that's causing the issue.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation