cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rsmot
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP 5940 not recognized on Windows 7

HP Recommended

The HP 5940 came with a Vista pre-loaded desktop I purchased six months ago. Since I installed the RC of Windows 7, the 5940 is no longer recognized. I get two errors when installing the drivers designed for Vista x86:

-Administrator priviliges are required (not in those exact words);

-Setup files not compatible with this operating system (not in those exact words).

So my next idea was right-click on the driver's self-extracting executable and Run it As Administrator, as well as Run it in Compatibility Mode for Windows Vista SP1; to no avail unfortunately. Do I need to buy another printer for school or can this one be salvaged? Thanks in advance,

Ryan 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation