cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
maxorka
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP 6735s and Windows 7(Driver Support)

HP Recommended
Need driver for HP 3D DriveGuard(HP Mobile Data Protection also called).HP recommended Windows 7 but no oficial drivers for my laptop.I try lastest driver from HP web site but i Control Panel i can see this "HDD not supported''.Work great with XP and Vista!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP 3D DriveGuard here

Notes: The latest version of the driver is included in this package (the package is for HP 3D DriveGuard - the business branding of HP ProtectSmart). Extract the package and install the driver using the have disk method.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
SWY
Level 4
89 87 2 18
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As a point of reference, while there are people who love to direct others to the FTP site, that package is NOT for all machines and the only thing that I have seen that inspires BSODs in Windows 7 is messing with unsupported drive protection software.  If your machine is relatively recent, I'd suggest just holding on for a couple days.  The drive protection update for my machine just showed up late on Friday. Of course, it is up to you is up to you as to whether you would rather play unsupported "russian roulette" with something that can kill your machine or just wait a little longer for something that is supported....

Stephen

0 Kudos
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I redirect people to ftp because this link will never change and file will always be avaible. If You are redirecting to http site this links are always changing and working only for some time. Thats first answer on Your comment.

Second thing. I never saw Your comment or help on any BSOD problem and even never found Your help with 3D DriverGuard BSOD report that You are talking about.

Third. If we will never tried drivers from other models then other users will never downgrade to XP or have a sound on other models even Win7.

If You are having so big knowledge start doing something because everone can write Your comments which gives NOTHING. Many people are installing this file on this forum and notebook review and haven't got any problems.....

<text deleted> 

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 10-18-2009 07:14 PM
** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation