cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
artemnet
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

HP 6735s with Radeon HD 3200 and Windows 7 RC - screen brightness problem (+)

HP Recommended

Hello.

I installed a win 7 rc 64x on my HP 6735s and surprised when find brightness control did not work correctly. When i try move brightness slide bar in power plans or in win+x app it slide back to minimum right now. However, sometimes it changes to 70% and brightness change too, but only in this session - logoff, reboot or hibernate - and brightness again goes to minimum. 

fn+f keys dont work at all, only in bios stage.

I tried all drivers i can find - ati whql for win7, ati beta, hp keys for vista 64 - its all dont work. What can i do else? HP engineers know about this problem? In ms forums only one solution - hp will release correct drivers before win 7 starts. 

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
artemnet
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
whats up? nobody else dont have this trouble? 😞
0 Kudos
Winterwolf
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem like yours. My laptop is 6735b, Windows 7 RC1 64-bit.

I tried to install the HP Quick Launch Buttons for Vista Enterprise 64-bit, then I can adjust the brightness using [fn]+[f9] or [f10].

Good luck.

0 Kudos
artemnet
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for the answer. Link does not open and i cant find any distrib of HP Quick Launch Buttons for vista enterprise. Can you check the link or sent file through e-mail or file sharing server, maybe opera unite?
0 Kudos
Winterwolf
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just go to www.hp.com -> Support & Drivers -> Step1: Download drivers and software (and firmware) -> Step 2: 6735s (your laptop model), GO -> Select HP Compaq 6735s Notebook PC -> Microsoft Windows Vista Business (64-bit) -> HP Quick Launch Buttons.

In fact, it's the same version for all Vista Edition, just choose 32-bit or 64-bit.

Regards.

0 Kudos
artemnet
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I try this soft million times, it does not work for me. Everything work ok, but brightness didnt work. May be i should update my bios?
0 Kudos
grashalm
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
bios update solved the brightness problem in win7 for me.
0 Kudos
SlepicMartin
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi , please , it does work for you now ? ...after bios update ? please answer me to: kuram@seznam.cz thanks
0 Kudos
gedrox
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes, BIOS upgrade worked for my 6735b.
0 Kudos
Fluminee
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios upgrade fixes this problem for windows 7 x64...download and install it and have a nice 64 bitting:P

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation