cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gleary2272
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

HP C6380 Driver for Windows 7 RC

HP Recommended

Hi All, I just installed Windows 7 RC and am having trouble working with my C6380 via the built in WiFi.  The computer sees the printer (can detect if it is Ready), but when I try to print a file, the printer plays dumb.  I'd appreciate any advice that you can offer.

Gene

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
funkyreverend
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Same problem here. I guess I have to wait till the Win7 is official and then be able to use my printer?
0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,951 42,191 4,642 12,404
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Have you changed the SSID for the Printer to match that of your wireless network? Is your printer seen as a network printer?

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
mlerma
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same isssue.  My PhotoSmart C6380 seems to install fine, but when I print I get nothing.  No errors or warnings of any kind.  Can you give a little more detail on the SSID fix you are suggesting?  Shoud I do that on the printer itself or the PC?

My 'hostname' which I assume is the printer name is Papyrus and my SSID (network name) is girlsruleboysdrool (dont ask).  should I change the name of the printer as I'm installing to match?  which part?

0 Kudos
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,951 42,191 4,642 12,404
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are using Win7 RC it should be pretty simple. Remove the original install and install it as a network printer. Browse for it when the name is asked for. With a working wireless network setup, I found Win 7 RC to be quite user friendly, even with one PC on a lan interface and the others using wireless. The OS on my desktop installed a driver for my printer automatically. I was impressed. Windows actually has improved with this version. If you have multiple PCs at home at set up a homegroup it is really nice.

"My 'hostname' which I assume is the printer name is Papyrus and my SSID (network name) is girlsruleboysdrool (dont ask).  should I change the name of the printer as I'm installing to match?  which part?"

What I was referring to was the  SSID (network name). The one setup for the printer, Router and PC(s) have to be the same. The name is of your own choice.

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
mlerma
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No luck

I installed a network printer it did a search and found my device - at the correct IP address, searched for, found and installed a driver - everything went smoothly and easy - - - it just wont print. 

Yes Windows 7 is awesome but ever since I installed this new build (Build 7100) the printer doesnt want to work properly.

0 Kudos
miclib
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

guess what we all have the same problem for the c6380 on windows 7!  I was on a microsoft discussion group and someone heard it is the printer driver.  We can still talk to the printer via port 80 but for the port 9100(?) it uses the printer driver.  I can get a test page to print through the web interface but when you spool a print out it just takes it and disappears.

So what's up HP are you going to fix that little issue before the official release of windows 7?

0 Kudos
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@miclib wrote:

guess what we all have the same problem for the c6380 on windows 7!  I was on a microsoft discussion group and someone heard it is the printer driver.  We can still talk to the printer via port 80 but for the port 9100(?) it uses the printer driver.  I can get a test page to print through the web interface but when you spool a print out it just takes it and disappears.

So what's up HP are you going to fix that little issue before the official release of windows 7?

I'm sure thatonce the official printer drivers for Windows 7 are released, you shouldnt face any issues. besides, HP still hasnt released any official drivers for Windows 7, RC or beta or any other version. So relax, be patient till everything is released officially.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
prjansen
1 1 0 1
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the solution :generic:

Go to Devices and printers

Right click HP Photosmart C6300 series

Printer Properties

Tablad Ports

Disable bidirectional support

and you can print

SkierDude09
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

prjansen wrote:

"I have the solution :smileyhappy:

Go to Devices and printers

Right click HP Photosmart C6300 series

Printer Properties

Tablad Ports

Disable bidirectional support

and you can print"

Your my hero thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation