cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
VABEACH256
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

HP Envy 110e printer (D411a) will not install with me using Windows 8 Consumer Preview. I need help

HP Recommended

Just pick up the new HP Envy D411a printer, i set up with my wi-fi and all was going well until i put the disk in my PC . Just to find out that my NEW printer will not work with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview . I need help with this or until UP update the new printer to work with Windows 8, which will be on the market soon. Can some one please HELP ME

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SophiaS
Level 5
176 174 11 41
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Available now is print and scan capability that HP worked with Microsoft to include into Windows 8.

The Printer Install Wizard can provide you additional information:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-8-Consumer-Preview/How-to-Get-Your-Inkjet-Printer-Working-with-...

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved .....

(I am an HP employee)
0 Kudos
VABEACH256
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank for that link, but it still will not install my NEW HP ENVY printer. Now i have two printer that will not work until HP update for the new Windows 8 system.  I just love HP products like my HP Photosmart C5280 or HP Envy D411a can't be install or WORK. Still need help.

0 Kudos
SophiaS
Level 5
176 174 11 41
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Could you please tell me more? I'm interested if the new features of Win 8 look very different to you and are confusing.

Did the printer install wizard provide help to use the built in print driver HP has provided included with Windows 8?

Are you trying to install wireless capability?

I hope to help.

(I am an HP employee)
0 Kudos
VABEACH256
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No the printer install wizard work, i can only print on the HP Photosmart C5280 can't scan. And my NEW HP Envy is a no go on trying to install until the (HP) company catch up with the time. Now about the Windows on a scale from 1 - 10. I give it a 4.5 microsoft need to do better all the new apps work good on some days. One day I try to do a disk cleanup  and yes it clean all my program from my laptop it a good i have some of the software to reinstall. In the past after you purchase a new desk top or laptop all your software on your system came in the box. But not today...

0 Kudos
kbryon
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the new windows 8 i absolutely love, however he is right the new envy software will not install on it. i have the same issue. the printer will print wirelessly. it was found on t he network and installed on its own before i could even put the disc in my laptop however the software that came with the printer will not install on any sysatem other then those listed is the issue. when will hp update this?

0 Kudos
SophiaS
Level 5
176 174 11 41
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP cannot yet provide a date as MS is still developing Windows 8. 

It's nice to hear you like Windows 8. 

(I am an HP employee)
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation