cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jalexander_23
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Envy 15-257ca

HP Recommended
Envy 15-257ca
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I was wondering will there be some drivers updates, even bios for this laptop since Windows 10 is coming out and i got a free upgrade reserved.

Another thing.. i noticed not all drivers are on the site for this laptop... like for instance.. this laptop came with Win 8.1 installed and i left the original hdd out, put in my new hdd with window 7.. i looked up the drivers, there's some driver are missing on window 7's list.. but rest on window 8's list, i was wha.. what should i do to properly install the drivers? Do i just do the hardware ids in the device manager list and search it online, do that way?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,914
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jalexander_23,

Thank you for your query.

I understand that you reserved your Windows 10 upgrade for when it becomes available. I assume that you will also wish to be informed of any driver information. I am happy to help you with this.

Please visit www.hp.com/go/windows10upgrade for more details. HP will provide information on which units have been tested and qualified with Windows 10 as more information becomes available.

Windows 7 did have more built in drivers than Windows 8 and that could be why you are seeing less drivers listed on the Windows 7 software and driver page.

To say thanks for replying please click the thumbs up icon below.

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
jalexander_23
Author
Level 1
15 12 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will check out that link you provided about the window 10 qualified HP product.

About the drivers that's missing of the list, you stated that window 7 has more driver built in?

I don't agree with you on that answer. I am a qualified computer service tech, and an experienced builder / gamer. I have a discreet Nvida graphic card in this laptop and there's no driver for it on window 7... I know for a fact you are supposed to have Nvida driver in order to use the gpu at all.. In ALL laptop and desktop that has ANY deciated gpu installed, you must download from either AMD or Nvida depending on what brand of gpu it is, in order to use the graphic properly.

So, what i'm asking is why there's some driver missing of the site for this laptop? It's not the only time I see it happens, been the same thing for several laptops. Is it because HP lazy on their part to uploads the proper drivers? Or something else i'm missing?

I'm just getting alittle frustuated with this laptop since some driver isn't working properly.. and some HP support agent few weeks ago saying i should install the driver from different laptop... did that.

0 Kudos
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 715 1,914
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jalexander_23,

Thank you for your reply.

HP does provide drivers for the products that originally came with Windows 7.  As configurations do vary within the same product line, if you choose to downgrade your system you may not find the required driver listed as it was not necessary for the original configuration of the  Windows 7 notebooks.

Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers

Regards

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation