cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Satchid
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

HP Laserjet P1505 not printing under Windows 8 CP

HP Recommended

I Installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview on my system and also installed my HP Laserjet P1505 using the latest driver software from HP support. The printer installs correctly and also shows correctly in the Device Manager. However, when i try to print - test page or from any application - Win 8 reports: "The printer couldn't print...".

Interestingly, the printer was working under Windows 8 Developer Preview.

Any idea how to make the HP Laserjet P1505 work under Windows 8 Consumer Preview? 

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
johnnycage25
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problems... lame... cause i cant use my office printer P1505... when i send to print it prints multiple blank pages with strange text symbols on the top right of the page!!! HP work your magic and fix this ASAP!!!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
answerplease201
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any update HP?

The Laserjet P1505 is still, to this day, not working with Windows 8.

My toner is sitting unused.

Anyone find a fix?

The lack of response from HP on these forums is downright disappointing.

Windows8_HP1505
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Rehmanburj786
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I install windows8 consummer preview on my  System and also install my hp printer p1505n using the lastest driver software from hp support . The printer install correctly and also shows correctly .However when I try print test page or any application.The couldnot print.

Any idea or how to make hp laserjet p1505n work under windows8 or Improve the driver for windows8 so that the printer properly work.

THANKS

ABDULREHMAN KASUR PUNJAB PAKISTAN

bugger1
Level 3
53 39 0 4
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When released the driver for windows 8?
The printer does not work with windows 8!

moico
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Today is late afternoon October 29, 2012 and there is still no help or support for a HP Laserjet 1505. I have work to print and this **bleep** corporation forst sells me a defective HP latop and now the problem with the printer. Who pasy my two full days of wasted time???????? No more HP that is for sure.

answerplease201
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Laserjet P1505 is still not working on Windows 8.

I went to HP's site hoping to find the latest drivers:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3435668

This is what I'm seeing:

"HP is committed to providing the best product experience for the Windows 8 operating system. Today, a solution for your printer is not available for Windows 8. However, a driver update will be available in late 2012. HP aspires to provide the most up-to-date information on HP drivers and software. Please check back for updates."

It's November 5th, 2012.

Windows 8 launched on October 26, 2012.

NOTHING has been addressed since I last posted my request on April 27, 2012 (above).

This is beyond frustrating.

JaDeraGirl
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok I finally found a way to get it to work!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-55362-6&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

I'm pretty sure it's just an older version but hey it worked for me.

Follow these instrctions.

Installation Instructions

For USB Connection:
1. Close any software programs running on your computer.
2. Click the Download button and save this file
2. Double click on the downloaded file. The self-extracting process will appear.
3. Click to accept the terms in the license agreement. Click Next.
4. Driver installation begins. Driver files are pre-installed during this process.
5. A screen pops up to prompt to connect the USB cable. Insert the USB cable.
6. Device is connected, waiting for PnP to finish installing driver.
7. Click Finish to complete software installation.
moico
3 3 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nice if it works for 64 systems, I am working away on a 32 bit system (Windows 😎 and all this HP stuff is a real pain as the printer does nothing at all. Wondering how a big coproration can get away with this bullying behavior.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation