cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
amnonk
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One setup Problem

HP Recommended

hello

i have HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One And Recentley i Upgrade My System To win7 From XP.

On Xp the All-In-One Worked Fine and everything went well include the installation Process.

Today i went to install the All In One and its get Stucked in the installation Process in step 3\4 and in the subject "Connecting Device" at step 7\8

What Should I Do?

Thanks In Advaced,

amnonk

9 REPLIES 9
john_clement
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried running it as administrator and in compatibility mode?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
JDavid_4_IT
2 2 0 2
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello ammonk:

Don't know if you already solved your problem with the HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One and Windows 7; but here's a suggestion that might work for you since I had the same problem installing the latest (win vista) driver from www.hp.com support site. It seems to me this issues if similar to the other ones out there related to compatibility.

After I downloaded the full software and driver package from hp.com, I still was not able to install All of the programs and features with success. I was only able to show my HP Officejet 5610 on "Devices and Printers" under Windows 7. Nothing further :smileyindifferent:

But after running the application install using the "troubleshoot compatibility" option in Windows 7, I was able to select the compatibility to Vista Service Pack 2 and everything re-install successfully and All of the features were available for use.

Just try this:

1. Go to www.hp.com, select "Support & Drivers" and "Select a product category: >Printing & Multifunction".

On the next page, under "Printers and Multifunction" click "Multifunction and All-in-One".

On the next page, under "Multifunction and All-in-One" click "HP Officejet All-in-One Products". On the next page select the series of your Model.

2. After one or two more pages for selecting correct HP Officejet 5610 series model, you will arrive at the page where you are going to select the operating system of your pc. Select/Click "Microsoft Windows Vista" and on the next page, under "software and drivers": Select/Click "HP Full Feature Software and Drivers". You will be provided with the following Application "AIO_CDB_Full_Non-Network_enu_NB.exe" for download.

3. After you have downloaded this self-extracting application, go to where you saved it within your computer, and do the following:

a) "right click" with your mouse the file and select "Troubleshoot compatibility".

b) A new window will open tittled "program compatibility". Select/Click the second option titled "Troubleshoot program". On the next window it asks you "What problems do you notice?".  Select the first option and on the next window select version of Windows Vista (Service Pack 2).

4. Re-start/Continue with the HP Software installation as instructed by Windows 7 and you will see everything was install correctly.

THAT's ALL! :Wink:

Well.... Hope this help you or someone else.

lawrencelam2000
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem- I cannot successfully install the 5610 software onto my new Windows 7 laptop.  I continue to get error 2203 and many varieties of the MSI_______ file(s) not able to access certain folders.  I've already tried many tips, plus the ones in this thread, and each time I get closer but "no cigar".

Now I only have the basic functionality part of the software to go.  It won't install.  (There are two "customer satisfaction" type parts to go, but for now I can live without them.)  Any tips at this point?

annebug
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the correct driver for your all in one should already be installed on your computer. I just bought a new computer with windows 7 but i had the printer for about 2 yrs. i didnt have to install any software. it was preloaded with windows. i was told this by tech support when i called with  the very same question. if its not preloaded then you will need to get a hold of hp and ask them what to do..

I hope this helps.

Annebug

JPL1963
1 1 0 1
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, MY 5610 WORKED FINE WITH WIN XP. NEW COMPUTER HAS WIN 7 FORMAT, I CANNOT GET THE SCANNER TO WORK. DON'T HAVE A PROGRAM OR A ICON TO WORK FROM

wtrainor
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I followed your directions up to the point where I needed to:

"Select the first option and on the next window select version of Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)."

I don't see this option at all and I am running Vista 64 bit.  The lastest OS I see is "XP Service Pack 2".  Perhaps the versions on line are not correct?  Can you or someone further assist?  Thank you, BT

JDavid_4_IT
2 2 0 2
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry wtrainor.... I really don't know what else to suggest  😞  Do you see another type of "compatibility" version of an OS?

FrancoisPG
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I work on Windows 7 (32bits).

I meet trouble with  AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe (downloaded on HP web site as Windows 7 32bits version installer) that crashes in the beginning of the installation process.

When I use the compatibility mode and try to execute setup under Windows XP compatibility mode, it says that this setup file is build for Windows 7 64bits...

Where is the mistake ?

Cheers,

Will-NZ
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Vista trick worked for me, thanks!

Could not get the windows 7 64 bit software download AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141 to work at all, would start installing and then just disappear....

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation