cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
blegs38552
Level 2
28 24 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Officejet 6300 Win 7 RC Driver Error Message

HP Recommended

I have been able to install the HP software using Vista Compatibility and Run ad Admin. This is a good thing.

However, when I start up, I get a message that Windows cannot install a device driver for the HP Officejet 6300. This does not appear to impair the performance, but since I just did this today, it is too soon to tell.

When I ran Windows Update, it did find a driver for my all-in-one, but the instalation fails.

Anyone else encountered this? Any solutions? Yes, I know this is pre=release software, but strangely enough, using thesame installation approach worked in the Win 7 Beta without the same message.

3 REPLIES 3
HSD
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My printer is not working on windows 7 directly.  The diveres are messed up and HP needs to fix them.

What I had to do was network the printer and direct my printing through my other vista PC.

I do wish HP would fix this printer with Windows 7, this is the only issue preventing me from upgrading my other PC to windows 7.  

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
blegs38552
Author
Level 2
28 24 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I do not understand why anyone wouldwantto upgrade their computers to a test version of an operating system. I am running Win 7 on a dual boot laptop - my main home computer is running VISTA, as as my laptop on it's main partition. If y want to upgrade all of your computers, you should wait until the official release on October 23rd. At this time, HP should have the necessary driver out there forthe new O/S.
sby1046
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have purchse a new PC with window 7, my HP printer is not working on it need an up date driver for it.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation