cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rEnEeK
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

HP PSC 2355 and Windows 7?

HP Recommended

Hello, I am very looking for HP software for Windows 7 64-bit, but I didn't find anything... I tried install Vista 64-bit software, but I still get error:

First all is ok

After 5 minutes:

After 10-15 minutes I get error:

So how can I install it?

Thanks for replies...

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Open the Device Manager before you plug in the USB cable. After you plug it in, you'll see several device entries popping up, and their drivers will get installed automatically for most. 6\8 denotes that 6 out of 8 device entries have their correct drivers installed. So for the remaining 2, manually update the drivers and search for the drivers in the installation folder. Here's how to find the installation folder:

I'm pretty sure you're using the downloaded software to install it. So press the Win+R key to bring up the Run window and type %temp% and press OK. In the window that opens, look for a folder starting with 7zS or hp_web_release. If you open these folders, then you should find the setup.exe file, along with folders named Setup and Util. This is the HP install folder. Copy this folder to your desktop so that you can easily pass the address of this folder into the Driver update window. If you dont find the folder in the 'temp' folder, then go to C:\Temp and you should be able to find hp_web_release.

I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
rEnEeK
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended
thank you very much!!! now it works fine 🙂
0 Kudos
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm glad it worked. I request you to mark my post as the Solution so that other users with the same issue can benefit from this thread.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
booboo1178
1 1 0 1
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I had this problem - Windows 7 - 32 bit RTM.. all I did to fix, was to uninstall it in Device Manager 'Other Devices' and then on 'Other Devices'.. I right-clicked and did a  'Scan for hardware changes' .. printer was found straightaway again.. and.. it finally worked!! All very clunky, but at least it's working now.
vichlopet
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having similar problem. I tried opening folder as you suggested but there is no .exe file. I'm trying to install hp psc 2355 printer driver for windows 7 32 bit from the internet but no luck. I read in another forum that this printer driver is not yet compatable with windows 7. Is that true? When I run install wizard for hp devices it fails to install driver.

0 Kudos
deltapinty
2 2 0 2
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hy

I have win7 64 and i had same problem, but i SOLVED:smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

1, Install Digital Imagint software for VISTA OS

2, Install the patch "upgrade win7 from vista"  (i have an original win7, but it worked)

3, go to install directory and find BIN folder (for me: C😕Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin)

there are several exe file

4, FOR SCAN, execute hpqscnvw.exe

i hope it can solve the problem forever.

good luck

Zsolt, Hungary

0 Kudos
mustafaefe
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@rEnEeK wrote:

Hello, I am very looking for HP software for Windows 7 64-bit, but I didn't find anything... I tried install Vista 64-bit software, but I still get error:

First all is ok

After 5 minutes:

So how can I install it?

Thanks for replies...

@rEnEeK wrote:

First all is ok

After 5 minutes:

So how can I install it?

Thanks for replies...

@rEnEeK wrote:

First all is ok

After 5 minutes:

So how can I install it?

Thanks for replies...

0 Kudos
mayfe5
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need downlow the sofware of my printer hp psc 2355

0 Kudos
graystill
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have windows 7 32bit and hp doesn't have this driver on their website, I was told to do and up dat but when I went to add a printer under "hp" it only had two options psc 1500and 1600 neither is a psc2355 so I can't do an automatic up date nor download a driver so what other options do I have... I am also computer technly Dumb so please give instructions in elementry for thank you Ray Still

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation