cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
chuckdfoster
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Pavilion dv9580us battery life

HP Recommended

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 on my HP Pavilion dv9580us.  My battery life is terrible since the upgrade.  I've been in contact with HP Support, but they are wanting me to go back to Vista, which is not an option right now.  I'm assuming I need a new driver for my battery or something.  Does anyone have any advice or ideas?

Thanks,

Chuck Foster

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Riyaad
Level 1
10 10 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
im having the same problem, my battery that used to hold out for nearly 3hours on vista is only doing 40mins on windows 7. i have the pavillion dv9658ea. anyone know where i can get a driver? i read that hp are idiots and are not supporting 7 for dv9 models. is there a vista driver for the batteries that might be worth installing on 7 to see if it fixes things?
0 Kudos
MissHania
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Same problem here actually with a dv 9700. Its actually telling me though that "There is a problem with your battery, so your computer might shut down suddenly" So my battery life that was once 2 hours is down to around 30 min. Not fun, and theres no way I'm going back to Vista.
0 Kudos
Riyaad
Level 1
10 10 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

:HalfEyes: its really annoying. i normally work with the mains plugged in but wen its not its so frustrating. wish they'd fix it already.

luckily i created a dual boot system so i can use vista wen out and about but vista is rubbush and its such a pain. :Crying:

0 Kudos
avi8or63
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem here too! Upgraded my pavilion 6768se to Win 7 and my battery life went from 3 hours down to about 15 minues - less when running video like You tube,

Win 7 says to replace my battery. I heard that Microsoft is looking into the problem and they think our laptops need bios upgrades! Talking about passing the buck!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation