cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Thorboy062309
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

HP Pavillion DV6809WM, upgraded to Windows 7, missing one driver

HP Recommended

Under device Manager it is listed as coprocessor

I ran unknown devices and this is what it is finding for the hardware ID.  

* Windows Description - Coprocessor
* Hardware ID - VEN_10DE&DEV_0543&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_A2
* Device Category (Class) - Other devices
* Enumerator - PCI

* Detected Chip Vender - Nvidia Corp
* Detected Chip Device - <unknown, id=0543>
* Detected Vender - Hewlett-Packard Company
* Detected Device - <unknown, id=30CF>

* Device Status Flags - Detected, Unknown, Present, Not Phantom, Category Visable

i have looked and cant find much.  Any help pointing me the right way would be appreciated

6 REPLIES 6
spieght
Level 2
26 24 1 4
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am not certain on this but it may be the driver for HP Quick launch button??? Or did you install this driver? it may answer your question
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Thorboy062309
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Funny thing is i got the message that i should look for solutions online and that doesnt work.  So when I restarted i just told it to run the program anyways.  The quicklaunch buttons do work just fine.  I did go ahead and reinstall the chipset just incase but that didnt solve it either.  Everything is working on the laptop I am just confused about what the coprocessor is.  

Thanks for replying
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need to install chipset drivers:

Nvidia chipset here (First install this and reboot. Don't install only Network Management Tools (v73.16) "Sedona" from this package)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Tangense
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi, I have the same problem on my dv6809wm. Iinstalling nVidia chipset driver written by Daniel didn't help. The problem remains!
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tangense

Hi,

Reboot Your system and check again.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
SeawolfTravis
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've had this same problem and found the answer on another forum here. What it amounts to is selecting "Browse for computer software" on the update driver window. In the "Search for driver software in this location" select the C:\ drive. Make sure "Include Subfolders" is selected and select next. 

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation