cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Faszero
6 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Pavillion HDX - Windows 7 & Windows XP mode?

HP Recommended

Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions allows multiple Windows environments, including Windows XP Mode, to run on the same machine, requiring the use of Intel VT-x or AMD-V.

Windows XP Mode runs in a virtual machine and redirects displayed applications running in Windows XP to the Windows 7 desktop.

My HP Pavilion HDX 9430 has an Intel (R) Core 2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.1GHz can someone tell me if I buy Windows 7 will it be able to run in Windows XP mode?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Radamad
Level 4
67 67 4 8
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Honestly, probably not. Most Consumer notebooks, (which those are,) have the supported hardware for running the virtualization tech, but the Bios has it locked down.
0 Kudos
roxaz
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
and why HP is offering bios that limits user? is there no like unlocked version or something? i myself regret buying HP laptop because of this as i use this laptop for programming and other advanced stuff. It so happens that those entertainment PCs meant for ordinary users are powerful enough to fit my needs.
0 Kudos
lmanlo
Level 2
14 14 1 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes you are able to use Windows XP Mode because you do have Intel Virtualization Technology. Hope this helps. As seen on Intel's own website: http://ark.intel.com/Compare.aspx?ids=33916, 

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/mobile/core2duo/index.htm  

Message Edited by lmanlo on 09-27-2009 04:10 PM
0 Kudos
Baloo75
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have an HDX18T with a P8700 processor and XP mode works great. You do have to enable virtulatization in the BIOS because it is off by default.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation