cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TacomaAroma
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Photosmart Pro B9100 Drivers for Windows 7

HP Recommended

I recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 and and cannot seem to finde the appropriate drivers for a HP Photosmart Pro B9100.  Can someone please direct me to a link?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,312 26,667 2,425 8,966
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Vista drivers should work fine (perhaps selecting Compatibility mode to install them) or you could download drivers from Microsoft's Update site here.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

TacomaAroma
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still stuck... Microsoft says the printer should be compatible with Windows 7.  I vistited

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=1142684&lang=en

and I downloaded the Vista Drivers ( Bsize_CDA-Full_NEtwork.enu.exe ) and When I extract the file I get the message "The Operating System on the computer is not supported. The installation cannot continue until this is resloved."

When I ran the HP Printer Check it detected detected the following:
Connected Printer:  HP Photosmart Pro b9180/b9180gp
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows
Connection Port:  USB

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,312 26,667 2,425 8,966
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try the link I gave above.  You will need to look for the version that matches your operating system, 32 bit or 64 bit.  The Microsoft Update site requires IE, Firefox or Chrome will not work on that site.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
vinmanp
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue. Perhaps I'm missing something, but when I click on the link I get 5 pages of very vaguely labeled files that predominately look the same or very similar. There aren't any files that look like the full driver set. When I download the Vista driver from HP, I get a message that indicates I am running XP (I have the Win 7 RC) and get the same message the original poster got. When I download and try installing the XP driver, I get a message identifying the OS as version 6.xxxxx and installing cannot continue.

Can you provide a more detailed explanation of how to use/install the files listed in your link?

I should add that I use IE8 and a 32bit OS...

Message Edited by vinmanp on 05-26-2009 04:33 PM
0 Kudos
TacomaAroma
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Bob.... I looked more carefully at your previous post and installed the program using Vista compatablity mode.  Thanks for the help I am up and printing again.
0 Kudos
Nannybear
Level 1
10 9 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tacoma Aroma - I looked at that confusing page, have an HP Photosmart Pro B9180 and don't have a clue which driver to pick. any thoughts?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation