Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (2,526 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Stream 7 Win 10 10041 - Audio Error 0xE0000234

[ Edited ]

I installed Win 10 build 10041 on my Stream 7.

I did a clean install by creating an USB drive to boot from using F9, and OTG adapter, USB-Hub with power, keyboard & 

mouse. During install I erased all existing partitions to get max space with the install of win 10.

I downloaded the Stream 7 Win 8 drivers to another PC and extracted the .exe to \swsetup and copied the folder to my USB drive.

In device manager of my Stream 7 I selected the unknown devices and searched for drivers on my USB drive to install. This worked well.

There were 2 devices left, with exclamation mark, the G-Force sensor Kionix, which needs the setup to run to get installed properly.

And the Realtek I2S Audio. When using the .inf from sp6309.exe to install, I get "driver not supported on this platform", when I run sp6309.exe directly, I get "Error 0xE0000234".

So I do not have sound... Does anyone has a workaround?

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: HP Stream 7 Win 10 10041 - Audio Error 0xE0000234

Hi, I have done fresh installs of earlier Windows 10 builds although not 10041, is there a reason you did not run the Windows 8.1 driver executables instead of updating them manually?  They have been working well for Windows 10, that is how it has been done if you search the other threads here. The largest executable, Intel Chipset, Graphics, Camera and Audio Driver Pack installs around 10 drivers alone including something for audio so I am thinking you may have missed something by trying to do it manually looking for unknown devices in Device Manager. I have been installing that big one first and then rebooting and installing the rest without rebooting between each.

View solution in context
Highlighted
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 3 (2,512 Views)

Hi, I have done fresh installs of earlier Windows 10 builds although not 10041, is there a reason you did not run the Windows 8.1 driver executables instead of updating them manually?  They have been working well for Windows 10, that is how it has been done if you search the other threads here. The largest executable, Intel Chipset, Graphics, Camera and Audio Driver Pack installs around 10 drivers alone including something for audio so I am thinking you may have missed something by trying to do it manually looking for unknown devices in Device Manager. I have been installing that big one first and then rebooting and installing the rest without rebooting between each.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (2,501 Views)

Thanks. Your suggested procedure is working.

I re-installed Win 10 10041 and run the driver executables, the Intel Chipset stuff first.

Sound works now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation