cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
idlelimey
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Stream 7 - Windows 10 10041 - How to recover?

HP Recommended

I installed the Windows 10 preview on my Stream 7 and now I can't login as the touch screen does not appear to work.  I have attempted using the recovery tools and while touch works there is no on-screen keyboard to enter passwords so I cannot get the system back to where it was.

Is there any way to recover the device in these circumstances?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
sepetitFR
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I've got the same problem 😞

How to recover Win 8.1 on my HP Stream ?

Thank you for your help.

Sébastien

0 Kudos
MrProblem
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any luck with that? I have th same exact problem 😞

0 Kudos
tundrwd
Level 3
53 38 3 5
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you wipe the recovery partition as part of the installation (maybe Win 10 does that on it's own, or replaces it)?

Did you make a recovery USB stick before installing?

In either of those above cases - recover using the partition or the USB stick.

If not - try connecting a bluetooth keyboard, if that can't be done - connect a USB keyboard via an OTG cable, or keyboard and mouse via a hub.  A powered hub might be best.  I have read that others (with prior versions of Win10) needed to install all of the HP specific drivers (one of them being for touch, etc.)

Build 9926 was specifically changed so it would not "naturally" install on tablet devices - by Microsoft.  They wanted to reserve tablet specific changes for a later build of Win10.  I don't think 10041 has enabled those changes.

0 Kudos
tundrwd
Level 3
53 38 3 5
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Linky to the Microsoft announcement for 9926 - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/upgrading-to-build-99...

And a link to the HP drivers:

Model 5701

Model 5709

I believe the drivers are identical for each model, but it pays to be model specific and think that way.  They may diverge in the future.

0 Kudos
losgatosjoetoo
Level 2
19 9 2 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes - I have this problem - the touch screen does not work well.

My "work around" is my Macintosh USB Keyboard and Mouse - 

Lets me get in and do things.  You need the USB to USB mini adapter.

This adapter plugs into the USB Mini port of the tablet and allows 

you to plug regular USB devices into the tablet.

Joe

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation