cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
losgatosjoetoo
Level 2
19 9 2 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Stream 8 Tablet "hangs"

HP Recommended

New this week - on my HP Stream 8 Tablet Build 10130.

When I start up and goto settings, updates, the tablet hangs.

Task Manager shows:

Performance 99% cpu

tasks are

Service Host Local System 56.1

Local Seuirty Authority Process 22.5

Wi-Fi Background task 12.1

I let it run for 2:51:26 and no change

Did a restart, went to Settings, Updates, and same thing again;

Anyone have any ideas?

Joe Murdock

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,309 26,664 2,425 8,965
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you still have internet access?  After I updated to build 10130 with my Stream 10 I found it no longer had internet access.  If you do not have access the update might hang trying to contact the update site and could appear to "hang" the system.

In my case I did not find a workaround, I eventually had to roll back to a previous build.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
losgatosjoetoo
Author
Level 2
19 9 2 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I received an answer from Microsoft - I did not have internet access either but their suggestion was to reinstall drivers in compatibility mode.  As I did not have internet access I did have drivers that I had downloaded from HP support to "fix" a problem before.  I reinstalled these older drivers in "Comatibility Mode" as suggested by Microsoft, and that Fixed the problem.  It seems that somehow the drivers were corrupted and that prevented internet access and to hand up during windodws update.

All better now.

Joe

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation