cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
stuartbennett
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP VS19X drivers needed for Windows 7

HP Recommended
my dad has a HP VS19X monitor and is using windows 7 and i would like to know where i can get the drivers for it to support windows 7.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RasterBlaster
Level 11
Level 11
2,604 2,587 187 712
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Drivers for 7 do not exist for almost everything out there that is not natively handled in Windows 7. The monitor should have Plug and Played?

If you still want to pursue happiness you can try this (you are on your own because this is a release candidate):

1. create a system restore point to go back in case you don't like how it turns out.

2. Download the "XP" sp31061  to get to the inf (and ICM if you use it). 

3. Start the install but halt the install process when the HP Display Installer opens, and open the following path: C:\swsetup\Monitors\SP31061\64bit

4. Inside you should be able to find a 32 and 64 bit inf that you can right-click on and install.  HP_vs19x64.inf

Message Edited by RasterBlaster on 07-13-2009 05:46 PM
I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
0 Kudos
stuartbennett
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
it does plug and play however i like to have the proper drivers for things as soon as i possibly can so when drivers become available i would just like to know where i would have to go to get them.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation