cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rjrunde
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP, Win7, and Drivers for Older Printers Of Course

HP Recommended
Running  Win7RC 32 Bit just for compatibility testing.  My parents have a 5650 and I have a 5850 at home in the Deskjet printer series that have been great printers.  Maybe some of HP's best compared to my 600, 700, and 800 series of years past My 5850 is using the 5600 family drivers in Vista 32 Bit and works good.  Win7RC is another story BUT it is still considered beta ware.  The vast majority of answers in this forum concerning printer drivers state that everyone should wait til October 22.  I am asking if there is any hope for us older printer owners in receiving compatiable drivers or should we start looking for new printers?  I would imagine that the HP engineers have an idea of what HP products they plan to support and which items will be obsolete.    Windows 7 has a lot of anxious people ready to move up from XP and especially Vista.  I myself would like to be ready for Win7 when my three pre-ordered copies arrive in October just as many people here would.  Would be a shame to load a new OS and not be able to print anything.:smileywink:
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
rjrunde
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
By the way, the HP 6MP Laser Jet in my office works with my Win7RC notebook.  It is being shared through a server running XP Pro SP3 and received the driver from the server.  The Win7RC notebook is also able to print to our HP P4014n Laser Jet network printer OK.  I have a 882C Desk Jet on our network running on another XP Pro SP3 PC, but I have not tried connecting to it yet.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation