cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AirForce9731
Level 5
271 156 10 9
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP8500A Windows8 driver problems

HP Recommended

Here’s my equipment:

HP TouchSmart 600 (desktop) running Windows7 Ultimate.

HP DV8T (laptop) running Windows8 Release Preview.

HP Officejet Pro 8500A A910n printer.

Everything is connected wirelessly.

Here’s what I did:

Using my desktop computer I have no problems printing. When I attempted to install my printer driver on my laptop I found that the install program would not run in Windows 8. I then used the HP printer install Wizard (after connecting my printer to my laptop using a USB cable) to install a driver for my printer. After the wizard was done, I disconnected the USB cable. I was able to connect to the printer and print (even duplex).

Here's two problems that I noticed:

1. 1. In the footer of my document only the top portion of the last line prints.
  2. 2. The driver does not seem to interact with the spooler. I had an eight page document and while the printer was printing page 3 I closed Microsoft Word. Halfway through page 5 the printing of the documents stopped.

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,887 93,544 12,294 26,130
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I believe HP has not released any Windows 8 drivers to public for it products including printers Microsoft has some sorts of printer driver in W8 and this may not work on all printers.

Hope this makes sense.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation