cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ShalomV
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Hibernate Windows 7 64-bit version on dv3660ej laptop Bios

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Just installed Windows 7 on dv3660ej laptop :

(1) hibernation mode works kind of half way through. It does hibernate correctly but when coming up from hibernation, it notifies me that there were some issues and that the hibernation file was not written completely and allows me to either continue or delete the hibernation file.

What I also noticed is that my hiberfil.sys file is smaller than my RAM. It is only 3.2 gigs in size, when I have 4 gigs of RAM. I tried disabling and enabling hibernation but it's still only 3.2 gigs large. Is this normal ?

see the link picture:

http://www.zshare.net/image/60146214c8ded13a/

2 REPLIES 2
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,969 40,049 4,651 12,425
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The hibernation bug is a known problem in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors of Windows 7 RC. There is not too much you can presently do about it. There have been some hacks to try and alleviate the problem, which also existed in Win XP and Vista. The generally held belief is that the problem has to do with video driver compatibliity and running background processes. Keep an eye on the bug reports at Microsoft Technet for updates to the issue.

I am not an HP Employee.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ShalomV
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

last week HP published new BIOS FIRMWARE F.15

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-71632-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

this update does not solve this problem

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation