The drivers for your HP Inkjet Printer are already included in the new Windows 8 Consumer Preview!
You do not need to download drivers to use the product. Keep reading to learn how to install the print driver included in Windows 8 Consumer Preview with your HP printer.
Getting started in Windows 8 Consumer Preview
HP designed a quick and easy tool that helps you find the best driver for your printer in Windows 8 Consumer Preview: the HP Printer Install Wizard.
Download Printer Install Wizard for Windows 8 Consumer Preview
NOTE:The HP Printer Install Wizard is not available for all printer. This tool is available only for Windows 8 Consumer Preview. The HP Printer Install Wizard works with products connected with a USB cable or with a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network connection. If you would like to connect your product wirelessly, but it is not yet on a wireless network, you need to temporarily connect the product with a USB cable to run the wizard.
Step one: Download the HP Printer Install Wizard
1. Click the following link to download the Printer Install Wizard:
2. When the tool finishes installing, click Finish. The wizard opens automatically.
Step two: Run the HP Printer Install Wizard
1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
2. Connect the USB cable to the HP printer and to the computer, if it is not already connected.
3. Make sure that your computer has an internet connection. The wizard must access the internet to work correctly.
4. Click Next to begin the utility. The wizard displays a list of detected printers.
5. If the wizard detects more than one printer, select your HP printer from the list.
6. The wizard automatically displays the best available driver for your HP printer.
If a full feature driver is available, the wizard detects it. Click Next to download and install the software. For full functionality, HP recommends installing the full feature driver if it is available.
If an included print driver is available, the wizard explains that the driver is already installed. It will also supply a link to more information about using an included driver.