cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tom39
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp Compaq presario cq50 freezing

HP Recommended

My laptop has freezing for about two weeks now. I have upgraded it to windows 10 and it's still freezing. It also shuts down whenever I open BIOS and cannot boot from a flash drive. what could be the problem

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Sparkles1
Retired
Retired
14,461 14,098 716 1,915
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Tom39,

Welcome to the HP Forums!Smiley Happy

It is a dynamite  place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

I gather that for the last two weeks your notebook was  freezing.   You decided to upgrade to Windows 10 but the freezing remains.  You also are unable to access the bios or boot from a USB flash drive..

To assist you better I need some more information.

What happens when it freezes, do you get a blue or black screen or does it just stop responding?

What is your exact model of HP notebook?

What was your previous operating system before you upgraded to Windows 10?

Just so you are aware, Windows 10 is still in the beta stages and is not yet a supported operating system.

Is your notebook overheating?

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation