cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
shoegirl
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

INSTALL HP LASERJET 2820 ON WINDOWS 7...

HP Recommended

Good evening.

Could greatly use some help. Installed Windows 7 and am now trying to figure out how to get my HP Color Laserjet 2820 (all-in-one) functioning.

Which software installation do I download from HP?

How do I "fool" the system or use the compatibility feature to install the printer?

Note: I have it conneted to a wireless linksys router.

I know these seem like very ridiculous questions, however from past experience (nightmare) - I am hoping to do this right the first time with everything working - printer, scanner, copier. 🙂

The last go around on Vista proved disastrous with support never being able to figure out the file that was hung up in no where land causing problems.

Thank you for any advice or help you are able to provide.

j.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
woo98
5 5 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It will not install on windows 7 HP is not releasing software for it. You might be able to install a print driver but the full software is not available and will not become available. If you have xp or vista 32 bit I could help you get it installed that way but with windows 7 you are out of luck.
0 Kudos
zhangkahn
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is that true?

I am busying on it and I have not found a solution.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation