cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LShaw
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Install Win7 64 bit on Pavilion Elite m9040n

HP Recommended
I plan to install Win7 Home Premium 64 bit on my Pavilion Elite m9040n when the final Win7 product is released in October.  What drivers will I need other than those provided by Win7 and how do I find them?  I will clean install Win7 on the drive which currently has Vista Home Premium 32 bit.  Bios already has most recent update offered by HP.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Chandu
Level 4
139 139 8 15
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you wanted to install the Windows 7 through the upgrade program from hp then the product has to be purchased from June 26, 2009 to January 31, 2010, and factory-installed with one of the following operating systems may be eligible for an upgrade to Windows® 7:

• Windows Vista® Home Premium,
  • Windows Vista® Business, or
  • Windows Vista® Ultimate
  •  

And you can request for the same in the link below  :

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/mda/windows7/upgrade/index_ww.html

In case of a retail installation then certain hardware on the computer might require the drivers may have to be downloaded through the manufacturer website.

Chandu
    +Hp Everything is Possible.
    0 Kudos
    LShaw
    Author
    Level 1
    8 4 0 0
    Message 3 of 3
    Flag Post
    HP Recommended
    I do not qualify for the upgrade program.  This will be the full retail package and not the upgrade.  My question still remains--what drivers will I need other than those provided by Win7 and on the HP download site?  If other drivers are needed, how do I determine what they are and where to get them?  Could someone review the specs on the pc and let me know?
    0 Kudos
    ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation