cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Homemario
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Installation error

HP Recommended

1 Product name Pavilion p6-2008HK

2.  Windows 7 64 bit

3. Error will follow my explanation

4. Just bought system some installation was installed and not issue occur

5. Try install Lync 2010 and Quicken_Willmaker_plus2012

When I try to install this product (Both are downloaded) Lync 2010 and Quicken_Willmaker_Plus2012 when I click the installer I get this message:

The installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exist and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows installer package.

I hope some body could help!!!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
parvez_tech
Level 9
1,373 1,360 112 269
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

These issues happen when the windows installer gets corrupted. Windows installer issues may get complicated sometimes..So you can try these steps first and check. If it doesnt work let me know..

Please create a System Restore Point before following the troubleshooting steps..

Fix problems with programs that can't be installed or uninstalled: Click Run Now in the next window.

If this doesnt work then try this:

How to troubleshoot problems when you install or uninstall programs on a Windows-based computer

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation