cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dont_be_hasty
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Installing Windows 7 on HP TX1260ea?

HP Recommended
Hi

I have a HP TX1260ea laptop which has a touch screen. I came with Windows Vista Home Premium on it.

I would like to upgrade it to Windows 7 but only have a copy of Windows 7 Professional. Therefore i can not upgrade and will have to do a fresh install. I have never did a fresh install on this laptop, so i basically want to know if it will automatically pick up it is a touch screen (and do the touch screen set up during the Windows set up)? Or does the touch screen only work with the factory settings? Is there even any way of setting up the touch screen after installing Windows 7?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Vishnuchittan
Level 3
Level 3
56 56 0 9
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I installed Windows 7 Enterprise on IQ800 series (Touchsmart Desktop) and Windows 7 picked up the drivers automatically. The unit works with full capability with touch and other drivers right after the clean install. Have installed various other editions on other Touch enabled units with success as well. So answer to your question is.... yes windows 7 by default picks up the touch drivers automatically after native clean install. Hopefully it should do for your notebook as well 🙂

Good Luck,

Vishnu 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. 

0 Kudos
thephotoguy
6 6 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Make the most of the TX while you can. They have a regular habit of frying the motherboard shortly after the warranty expires 😞

You may be a lucky one and miss out on the fun

0 Kudos
Vishnuchittan
Level 3
Level 3
56 56 0 9
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey,

Please let know if you were able to install Windows 7 successfully and need any assistance....

0 Kudos
PC_Tester
Level 7
1,475 1,465 35 112
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For the TouchSmart IQ800 AIO Deskto series, there is a new Touch driver that provides multitouch support

64-bit

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-78573-1 

32-bit

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-78572-1

0 Kudos
ryano
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I installed Windows 7 on my HP TX1000 tablet.  Now the OS doesn't recognize that the computer is a tablet.  Is there a touch driver for the TX1000?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation