cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ChrisBelyea
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Just bought Windows 7 for my HP tablet- disaster pen does not work

HP Recommended

Windows 7 came out today and I saw a good review of improved pen input so I thought I would install it on my Pavilion tx 2000 which I have had running Vista Home Premium since June 2008.

Upgrade installation succeeded, except I was told to delete the DigitalPersona fingerprint recognition (no great loss) and HP Quicklaunch Buttons (slightly annoying) for reasons of incompatibiltiy.

All went well until I started using the pen. It functions but not is usable since when I hold the pen over the screen the mouse pointer jumps around like a mad thing and when I press to click, it usually thinks there are two clicks, with obvious problems. 

I have done all the sensible things like so a complete HP update before I started etc - what is the problem?  Is there some driver update I need?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Rob001
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The following driver fixed the pen and touch screen issues on a tx 2500.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com /ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-58776-1&lc=en& dlc=en&cc=u...

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation