The HP Community is here for you.
09-23-2012 04:14 AM
I have HP dv6 3057tx and using windows 8 PRO 64 bit
Graphics driver for windows 7 is not working in windows 8 ,So if there is any new graphics driver .... or any solution.... Pls help.......
Graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
09-23-2012 10:03 AM
Did you see if you could get the driver from AMD? You have to run their compatiblity tool first.
Otherwise, I recommend you try to manually install the W7 driver from your notebook's support and driver page.
01-11-2013 02:16 AM
I have exact the same problem with the exact same grafic card... (ATI Radeon 5650)
(same printstreen like yours)
I have updated my notebook to windows 8 and now I can't get my grafic card installed...
01-17-2013 04:38 PM
Just a quick question does anybody from HP corporation even cares about this issue, I don't see any reply to this posts, as the issue is still present.
01-19-2013 06:13 PM - edited 01-19-2013 06:14 PM
I used drivers from here http://leshcatlabs.net/index.php/2012/11/catalyst-12-10-whql-unifl-for-amdintel-graphics/
It works on my HP Envy 14. HP, shame on you! You do not have working driver for my laptop I bought less than 2 years ago.
05-24-2013 06:09 AM
I used this driver package too, but I had after the installation of the AMD Drivers a Black Screen, and I could'nt read anything.
Then I solve this problem!
And here are my steps:
1. Download the driver package http://leshcatlabs.net/index.php/2012/11/catalyst-12-10-whql-unifl-for-amdintel-graphics/
2. I have installed it and I made a desktop-icon for the amd Installer.
3. Then I go to the Device Manager and then I clicked with the right-click on the ATi Radeon HD5650 and then I choose
"Update Driver Software...". After this then comes a windows with two messages. I have chosen the Second One "Browse my computer for driver software". Then put in the location of the driver from the installed downloaded package. The Standard location is: C:\Drivers\Catalyst_12.10_WHQL_UnifL\Packages\Drivers\Display\W86A_INF
4. Then click on "Next" and then comes a message that a driver wants to get installed, install it.
5. After this then comes the "Black Screen". Now take your finger and press the Display Change Button: |O|
Press the button 3 times and press Enter after this if you don't see your desktop do this step again.
6. Then If you have a picture do step 5 again and now you must look very well because now the desktop is very dark and you can't make the brightness better.
7. After this close all windows but before you could maybe see that the driver for the ATi Graphic Card is successfully installed.
8. Now click on the desktop-icon which called "Run Catalyst 12.10 WHQL UnifL Installer"
9. Run this Installer and then install it and don't make an update. Now choose a "user defined" installation and check if
all important things are would be installed (so far if you can read it).
10. Click on Next and Installation begins. While or after the installation you get now your desktop with a correct
I hope it solve your problems